455 George Street
- Date: 12 April 2018
- Client: Queen Victoria Building
- Project Type: Commercial
About this Project
Design and construction of a 14 storey mixed-use development comprising 185 residential apartments, 5 commercial spaces, 2 levels of basement parking and a gymnasium.
The Romanesque Revival building was constructed between 1893 and 1898 and is 30 metres (98 ft) wide by 190 metres (620 ft) long. The domes were built by the Ritchie Brothers, a steel and metal company that also built trains, trams and farm equipment. The building fills a city block bounded by George, Market, York and Druitt Streets. Designed as a marketplace, it was used for a variety of other purposes, underwent remodelling and suffered decay until its restoration and return to its original use in the late twentieth century. The property is owned by the City of Sydney and was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 5 March 2010.
Tiffany Co, Sydney
The new store spans three levels across 2,270m2 of office and retail space, in Sydney’s luxury shopping precinct on the prime corner of King and Pitt streets.
Queen Victoria Building
QVB has over 180 of Sydney's finest fashion boutiques, jewellery shops and homewares, accompanied by delightful cafes and restaurants.
Design-wise this 25-storey , residential building with a 3 level basement contains a superb selection of 180 units, all with tasteful contemporary interiors.